Fraserburgh 1 – WAFC 3

 27th April 2013 - Scottish Highland Football League  Bellslea, Fraserburgh
 Fraserburgh F.C.   1 (Neil Main 18)

Fraserburgh AwayTeam: Jonathan Dunbar, Marc Dickson, Russell McBride, Ryan Christiercard, Courtney Cooper, Graham Johnston, Scott Barbourycard, Steven Mainycard(John Chambers 67), Peter Alexander Bruce(Zak Conway 8), John Willox(Bryan Hay 50), Neil Main. 

Subs: Zak Conway, Bryan Hay, Mark Cowie, Ryan Cowie, John Chalmers.

  Wick Academy F.C.

  3 (Lukasz Geruzel 54, 55 Pen, Davie Allan 77) 

WAFC Strip CommTeam: Michael Grayycard, Michael Stevenycard, Gary Manson, James Picklesycard, Grant Steven(Shaun Sinclair 68 - R Allan 83), Craig Shearer, Sam Mackay, Stevie Cunningham, Lukasz Geruzel(Gary Weir 79), Richard Macadie, Davie Allan. 

Subs: Gary Weir, Shaun Sinclair, Bryan McKiddie, Ross Allan, Barry Wilson.

 Referee:  Thomas Shaw
 Bookings:  Michael Steven 39
 Michael Gray 46
 Ryan Christie 55 Red
 Steven Main 64
 James Pickles 71
 Scott Barbour 76
 Reporter:  Alistair Ross

Academy match up to Fraserburgh today in their last away game of the season. Wick won 3-1 down there last year, and beat them 4-1 at Harmsworth Park back in September, but this is expected to be a really tough game with Fraserburgh in good form, unbeaten in their last 6 games - winning 5 and drawing 1.

James More is on holiday so Michael Gray is in goal. Michael Steven returns after his one game suspension and gets a start, Alan Farquhar didn't make the line-up due to an injury and James Pickles makes the starting line-up. Fraserburgh manager Kris Hunter has a full squad at his disposal.

Fraserburgh win a free-kick within the first minute which is fired into the Academy box but Gray comes to claim and makes a safe catch.

Fraserburgh have had the better of the opening minutes but are forced into making a change after only 8 minutes with Peter Alexander Bruce  coming off injured and he is replaced by Zak Conway.

The home side open the scoring with 18 minutes played. Neil Main fired in a wind-assisted free-kick 40 yards from goal that found the top left hand corner of Gray's net.

1 - 0

It takes Academy 25 minutes before they really manage to threaten the Fraserburgh goal. Stevie Cunningham sent a free-kick from the centre-circle up-field. Davie Allan collected and poked it through to Geruzel who stung the fingers of keeper Jonathan Dunbar from about 22 yards out.

Half an hour gone and the game has settled down. Academy are winning the mid-field battles but are getting caught off-side a fair bit, not yet clicking at the business end of the park.

Joe Steven is booked in the 39th minute when he took down Neil Main on the edge of the Academy box. Steven Main whipped it in with some pace and It is cleared for a corner by Craig Sheerer. Russell McBride got his head to the corner and it is deflected for another corner-kick as Fraserburgh apply some real pressure. This one fell to Neil Main but his shot is blocked and cleared by Sam Mackay.

Fraserburgh keep the pressure on with a series of additional corners as the first half comes to an end. Michael Gray felt he was fouled as the Fraserburgh players pile in. He remonstrates with referee Thomas Shaw and is booked for his troubles.

Half Time - Fraserburgh 1 - Wick Academy 0

3 minutes into the second half Academy come close to levelling the scores. Richard Macadie took a free-kick 22 yards from goal but it smacks off the cross-bar.

Academy have the wind on their backs for the second half and a goal-kick from Gray goes all the way through into the Fraserburgh box. Davie Allan latched onto it and has Ryan Christie on his shoulder who does just enough to force Allan to send his shot inches past the outside of the right post. 

The Academy second-half pressure pays off as they level the scores. Academy win another mid-field battle and the ball is played forward to Mackay by Cunningham. Mackay slid in Geruzel and the big Polish striker held off two defenders before finding the corner of the net with a shot off the outside of his right foot.

1 - 1

A minute later and Davie Allan burst through the Fraserburgh back-line and is pulled back inside the box by Ryan Christie. Referee Shaw flashed the Fraserburgh defender a straight red card. Geruzel claimed the ball and smashed the penalty-kick down the middle of the goal. Keeper Dunbar did get a hand on it but it was hit with such force that he couldn't keep it out.

1 - 2

Just past the hour Fraserburgh are still battling even with a man short. Richard Macadie fouled Scott Barbour at the edge of the Academy box. Graham Johnston took the free-kick which went straight into the arms of Gray who made a comfortable catch.

Fraserburgh keep up the pressure and win a corner. Substitute Zak Conway got a good head to it and the ball is tipped onto the bar with a fantastic save from Gray. 

Academy score their 3rd goal of the game on the 77th minute. Richard Macadie picked the ball up in the middle of the park and pumped it over the top of the Fraserburgh defence for Davie Allan to beat the off-side trap and run onto it. He went around the advancing keeper Dunbar and looked to have pushed it too far, but 6 inches from the bye-line from a tight angle he still managed to slot home into the empty net.

1 - 3

On 80 minutes, Sinclair goes down injured and physio Pat Miller trundles onto the park to offer treatment. Within 5 yards of Millers approach, Sinclair miraculously makes a recovery and avoids receiving the 'healing hands' treatment.

Fraserburgh continue to look dangerous on the break but Academy create two further good chances in the final minutes of the game. Davie Allan flew up the left flank and squared to Macadie who looked to have a tap-in 5 yards from goal but he sent it just wide of target, and Cunningham then had a shot that he blasted over the cross-bar from the edge of the box.

Referee Shaw blows for full-time and Sam Mackay is announced as the sponsor's man of the match.

Full Time - Fraserburgh 1 - Wick Academy 3

The win lifts Academy back into 3rd spot over Clachnacuddin, who were beaten today by Formartine United.

Academy now have 4 remaining home games, the first of which is next Saturday against Nairn County.