WAFC 4 - Clachnacuddin 3 NOSC R2

 7th August 2013 - North of Scotland Cup - 2nd Round  Harmsworth Park, Wick
 Wick Academy F.C.

  4 (Gary Weir 25, Richard Macadie 37, 49, Bryan McKiddie 85)

WAFC Strip CommTeam: James More, Shaun Sinclair(Bryan McKiddie 63), Michael Steven, Alan Farquhar, Gary Manson, Craig Shearer, Stevie Cunningham(Ross Allan 82), Sam Mackay, Gary Weir(Lukasz Geruzel 63), Richard Macadie, Davie Allan.

Subs: Bryan McKiddie, Ross Allan, Lukasz Geruzel, James Pickles, Michael Gray.     

  Clachnacuddin F.C.

 3 (Gordon Morrison 52, Martin Laing 58, 68)  

Clach_AwayTeam: Jamie Fraser, Andrew Skinner, Michael Finnis, Martin Laingycard, Alistair MacLeod, Brian MacLeod, Mark Dougall(Martin Callum 77), John Mackay, Gordon Morrison, Kyle Whyte, Blair Lawrie(Ryan MacDonald 84).

Subs: Martin Callum, Ryan MacDonald, Scott Davidson, Matthew Grant, Fraser Robertson.

 Referee:   Graham Fraser

  Martin Laing 91

 Sponsors Man of the Match:   Michael Steven

Academy are through to the semi-final of the North of Scotland Cup after beating Clachnacuddin by 4 goals to 3. Goals from Richard Macadie and Gary Weir put Academy in at half-time with a 2 goal lead, and Macadie increased the lead to 3 shortly after the re-start. A looping header from Gordon Morrison put the Inverness men back in the game, and Martin Laing scored with two good strikes to level the tie. The game was settled 5 minutes from full time by super-sub Bryan McKiddie.

Academy opened the scoring in the 25th minute. Richard Macadie floated a long ball up-field which was collected by Sam Mackay. He marched past a couple of defenders before laying it on a plate for Gary Weir who hammered it home.

1 - 0

Mackay was also provider of Academy's second when he teed up Richard Macadie and he fired a screamer into the top left hand corner of Jamie Fraser's net.

2 - 0

Half Time: Wick Academy 2 - Clachnacuddin 0

More goals to follow as Macadie grabbed his second of the game 4 minutes after the re-start. Stevie Cunningham fired over a great cross which Macadie collected and made no mistake in picking his spot and firing home.

3 - 0

So Academy 3 goals up and game over, not a chance! On 52 minutes Blair Lawrie pumped a long ball into the Academy box. More came out of his goals to try to get something on it, but Gordon Morrison got his head in first and it looped into the net.

3 - 1

6 minutes later Clach broke the Academy off-side trap allowing Martin Laing to burst into the box. He took the ball around an advancing More and slotted home from an acute angle.

3 - 2

Game on! Academy looked as if they had it in them to score again, but in a cracking come-back Clach levelled the tie. Laing again managed to beat the off-side trap and he cracked his second of the game home from the edge of the penalty area.

3 - 3

Academy pressed for the winner but Clach keeper Jamie Fraser made a few excellent blocks before the tie was won by substitute Bryan McKiddie. Alan Farquhar slid him in on target and he made no mistake in hammering home a great goal into the bottom left corner of the net from about 20 yards to out the Harmsworth faithful into a rapturous celebration.

4- 3

Full Time: Wick Academy 4 - Clachnacuddin 3

Academy now face the winner of the Thurso v Brora Rangers tie in the semi-final.