SC 2nd Round & HL - 5th Oct 2013

Scottish Cup 2nd Round and League round-up
Saturday October 5th
  Cup dream turns to nightmare for Scorries

Turriff United 4 - Wick Academy 2
Turriff United put paid to Wick Academy's Scottish Cup run with two goals in each half. Turriff opened the scoring after 26 minutes when Gary Harris scored with a free-kick from just outside the box. Gary McGowan added a second in the 36th minute with a low strike to double the home side's advantage. In the second half Turriff added a third just after halftime when Harris side footed home. Sam Mackay gave the scorries some hope when he scored after 58 minutes. Turriff added a fourth after 64 minutes when Harris lofted the ball over Michael Gray to complete his hat-trick. Lukasz Geruzel netted a late penalty before James Pickles saw red late on to round off a disappointing day for the Scorries.
Brora Rangers 1 - Cove Rangers 1
Brora and Cove will have to do it all again next week after drawing 1-1 at Dudgeon Park. Cove took the lead after 16 minutes when Roy McBain netted a rebound off the post from Connor Scully's free-kick. Brora got their equaliser midway the second half when Gavin Morrison netted a low effort from the edge of the box to score his first goal for Brora.
Formartine United 0 - Inverurie Locos 2
Inverurie netted two early goals away to Formartine and this was enough to see them through to round three. The first goal came in the 6th minute; Neil Gauld squared the ball to his strike partner Martin Bavidge who took a touch before netting. Before Inverurie added a second Michael Ewen hit the post for Formartine. In the 19th minute Gauld controlled a chip from Kieran Adams who then fired an unstoppable shot past the keeper. Formartine applied a lot of pressure in the second half but Inverurie managed to hold on.
Buckie Thistle 0 - Annan Athletic 0
Buckie Thistle managed to grab a 0-0 draw at home to Annan even though the away side dominated the game. Annan thought they had scored in the first half but Andrew Mitchell's effort was disallowed after he had controlled the ball with his hand. Annan were reduced to ten men in the second half when Steven Sloan was sent off, but Buckie failed to make their extra man count and were lucky to stay in the cup when David Hopkirk missed a great chance late on.
Edinburgh City 4 - Fraserburgh 4
Fraserburgh spurned a two goal advantage away to Edinburgh City in a game that finished 4-4. City took the lead after five minutes when Peter Stenhouse netted from the edge of the box. Fraserburgh netted the equaliser in the 14th minute, Scott Fowlie latched onto a through ball and lobbed the keeper. On 41 minutes Fraserburgh took the lead when Graham Johnston netted with hooked shot. An own goal from Gordon Donaldson added a third for the Broch early in the second half but a few minutes later City added a second when Daryl Devlin scored a header. Johnston added his second on the hour mark to restore Fraserburgh's two goal advantage. City fought back into the game and Shaun Harrison netted before Donaldson made up for his earlier own goal to net a last gasp equaliser to force a replay.
Deveronvale 2 - Linlithgow Rose 2
Two goals in the last ten minutes ensured that Deveronvale grabbed a replay against junior side Linlithgow Rose. Linlithgow took the lead in the 5th minute when Callum Smith headed home at the back post. With twenty minutes to go Linlithgow doubled their lead when Tommy Coyne scored from the penalty spot. Deveronvale pulled a goal back with ten minutes to go when Graeme Rodger netted. Scott Fraser then equalised with 22 yard volley a minute from to equalise for the Vale to earn a replay next week.
Keith 0 - Elgin City 4
Elgin scored four goals without reply in the second half away to Keith to ensure their passage into the third round. Ally McKenzie netted just before the hour mark when he netted after a scramble in the box. Craig Gunn then added a second for Elgin from close range. McKenzie netted the third goal with a screamer from 25 yards into the top corner. Gunn netted his second and Elgin's fourth in stoppage time with an effort from 10 yards.
Forres Mechanics 2 - Lossiemouth 0
In the league Forres beat Lossiemouth in the Moray derby with two second half goals. The first goal came on the hour mark when Kyle Scott headed home with his first touch of the ball after coming on as a sub. Scott Moore added a second and final goal in the closing stages to give Forres the win.
Rothes 1 - Huntly 2
In the other league came to be played Huntly took all three points away to Rothes. Rothes took the lead just before the hour mark when Sean McIntosh got in behind the Huntly defence to net. David booth equalised midway through the second half when he got on the end of Hrvoje Kovacevic's ball across the box to drill home. Marek Madle scored the winner with seven minutes left when he held off two challenges to net with a shot on the turn.