HL & HLC Roundup - 26th March 2014

Highland League and Highland League Cup round-up
Wednesday March 26th
Late penalty wins the game for Brora in North Derby

Wick Academy 0 - Brora Rangers 1

In the far North derby it was Brora who took the spoils. Wick Academy came close in the first half through David Allan. The decisive moment came in the 82nd minute when Grant Steven was adjudged to have pushed Steven Mackay in the box. Mackay took the penalty and scored to give Brora the win.

Rothes 0 - Fraserburgh 5

Scott Barbour gave Fraserburgh the lead away to Rothes in the 11th minute from the penalty spot after Gary Gallagher handled on the line. Barbour got his second after he was set up by Peter Bruce for a tap in. Barbour completed his hat-trick in the 33rd minute after being set up by Willie West. Michael Dunn scored an own goal four minutes later before Graham Johnston completed the scoring with 8 minutes remaining.

Fort William 1 - Forres Mechanics 2

Forres took the lead just before the hour mark when Darren Quigg nodded past his own keeper. James Mackay got Fort William level with a strike from 25 yards that left the Forres keeper helpless. Lee Fraser set up Duncan Jones in the 74th minute he drilled a low shot home for the winning goal.

Strathspey Thistle 1 - Huntly 3

Joshua Peters gave Strathspey the lead at home to Huntly in the 5th minute when he side stepped the keeper to net. Just two minutes later and Huntly equalised. Marek Madle was on hand to prod home after a corner was not cleared. Murray McCulloch gave Huntly the lead the lead when he got on the end of a David Booth cut back to net. Madle made sure of the points for Huntly when his shot towards the far post went in.

Lossiemouth 0 - Cove Rangers 0

Lossiemouth and reigning Champions drew a stalemate at Grant Park, Cove had Clark Bain sent off in the 40th minute but Lossiemouth could not find a way past 10 man Cove.

Highland League Cup - Round 1

Brora were thrown out of the Highland League Cup as they fielded an ineligible player in their preliminary round win over Clachnacuddin. As such Clach were reinstated into the competition.

Clachnacuddin 2 - Deveronvale 0 - After extra time

In the League Cup, Clach and Deveronvale went to extra time after a stalemate during the 90 minutes. Paul Brindle gave Clach the lead in the 111th minute when he shot home from 12 yards. Brindle then added a second in the 115th minute to ensure it was Clach who progressed to the quarter finals.