WAFC 1 - Formartine United 1

 5th April 2014 - Scottish Highland Football League  Harmsworth Park, Wick
 Wick Academy F.C.

  1 (Davie Allan 70)  

WAFC Strip CommTeam: Michael Gray, Michael Steven, Gary Manson, Alan Farquhar, Grant Steven, Stevie Cunningham, Sam Mackay, James Pickles(Alan Hughes 75), Richard Macadie, Davie Allan, Lukasz Geruzel.

Subs: Craig Shearer, Gary Weir, Shaun Sinclair, Alan Hughes, James More.

  Formartine United F.C.  1 (Cammy Keith Pen 14)

FormartineTeam: Andrew Shearer, Hamish Munro, Stuart Smith, Craig McKewon, Stephen Jeffrey(Richard Davidson 15), Stuart Anderson, Calum Dingwall, Neil McVittie, Cameron Keith, Michael Ewanycard(Liam Paterson 77), Calum Bagshaw.

Subs: William Mathers, Liam Paterson, Richard Davidson.

 Referee:   Alan Frew
 Bookings:   Michael Ewan 77
 Sponsors Man of the Match:   Grant Steven

Academy conceded a penalty today for the fifth game on the spin as visitors Formartine United shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw.

The visitors started well and took the lead on the quarter hour mark. Michael Ewen was taken down in the box by Michael Steven and striker Cammy Keith made no mistake in burying the spot-kick.

0 - 1

Formartine looked as if they were going to double their advantage just before the break when Neil McVitie battled for the ball and fired a great shot that looked goal-bound but Gray did very well to send it round the post for a corner.

Half time - Wick Academy 0 - Formartine United 1

Into the second half Cammy Keith should have scored his second of the game but he uncharacteristically fired over the target with a 20 yard effort with time to spare on the ball.

Academy finally started to get a foot-hold in the game and started to apply some pressure of their own on the Formartine defence. Macadie made good yards down the left flank before crossing to James Pickles but he blasted over the cross-bar when it looked easier to have found the gaping net. 

20 minutes from full time Academy levelled the scores. Gary Manson was fouled about 35 yards from the Formartine goal and referee Alan Frew blew for a free-kick. Richard Macadie produced a great delivery into the box for Davie Allan to smash home past Andy Shearer who looked to have got something on the ball but couldn't keep it out.

1 - 1

In an exciting final few minutes Academy pushed for a winner. Substitute Alan Hughes crossed into the box. Gary Weir and keeper Shearer both came for the high ball which Weir got his head to. It fell into space but there wasn't a player in a black and white strip to knock home into the empty net and Formartine lashed the ball away and held on for a share of the points. 

Full time - Wick Academy 1 - Formartine United 1