WAFC 0 - Fraserburgh 1

 8th October 2016 - Scottish Highland Football League  Harmsworth Park, Wick
 Wick Academy F.C.


WAFC_New_Front_wTeam: Michael MacCallum, Andrew Hardwickycard, Danny Mackay, Michael Stevenycard, Grant Stevenycard, James McLean(Richard Macadie 68), James Pickles, Gary Weirycard(Marc MacGregor 68), Davie Allan ycard, Steven Anderson, Andrew Mackay.

Subs: Alan Farquhar, Richard Macadie, Marc MacGregor, Brandon Sinclair, Danny McCarthy.   

  Fraserburgh F.C.   1 (Paul Campbell 78)

fraserburgh_Zeus_awayTeam: Paul Leask, Marc Dickson, Stuart Taylor, Ryan Cowie(Cameron Buchan 26), Bryan Hay, Michael Rae(Greg Buchan 21), Jamie Beagrie, William West, Gary Harrisrcard, Graham Johnstonycard(Marc Lawerence 76ycard), Paul Campbell. 

Subs: Greg Buchan, Cameron Buchan, Calum Reid, Marc Lawerence, Edward Flinn.   

 Referee:   Alex Shepherd
 Bookings:   Grant Steven 36
  Graham Johnston 36
  Gary Weir 60
  Andrew Hardwick 81
  Marc Lawerence 90
  Davie Allan 91
  Gary Harris 92 - Red
  Michael Steven 92
 Sponsors Man of the Match:   Andrew Hardwick
 Match Photos - Mel & Bob Roger:
  Link to match photos

Fraserburgh were today's visitors to Harmsworth Park and a second half goal from Paul Campbell was enough for them to bag the three points. On the balance of play with the chances they created Broch were deserving of their win. Keeper Michael MacCallum, who is on a short-term load from Strathspey Thistle, made several good stops and Gary Harris had a flashing cross-goal attempt that came off the post. Harris received a straight red card from referee Alex Shepherd deep into injury time following a tussle with Michael Steven.

Academy create a chance straight from the kick-off. Steven Anderson latching onto a through ball but his shot on the half-volley went straight down the throat of Broch keeper Paul Leask.

Michael MacCallum was called into the action on 17 minutes when he made a great save from Paul Campbell to keep the scores at zero.

3 minutes before the interval MacCallum again denied Campbell. Leask launched a clearance up-field that Campbell directed on target but MacCallum did well to get his foot to it and the teams went into the break all square.

Half Time - Wick Academy 0

Gary Harris almost gave the visitors the lead on 66 minutes. He broke through the Academy back-line and fired a low shot across goal that beat MacCallum but smacked off the base of the right hand post.

Fraserburgh took the lead on 78 minutes. Greg Buchan swung a dangerous cross into the Academy box that was only half-cleared. It fell to Paul Campbell and from 10 yards out he hammered it home on the volley.

0 - 1

Academy couldn't muster up an equaliser and in the only other real action of the game Gary Harris was given a red card by referee Alex Shephard in injury time following a confrontation with Michael Steven.

Full Time - Wick Academy 0 - Fraserburgh 1