Stirling Albion 2 - WAFC 0

 3rd December 2016 - William Hill Scottish Cup - Round 3
 Forthbank Stadium
 Stirling Albion F.C.

  2 (Blair Henderson 42, Dylan Nguene Bikey 84)

Stirling AlbionTeam: Chris Smith, Ross McGeachie, Calvin Colquhoun, Ross McMillan(Ross Smith 46), Marc McKenzieycard, Darren Petrie(Eddie Ferns 82), Blair Henderson, Scott Davidson, Sean Dickson, Ross Kavanagh(Dylan Nguene Bikey 65), Ross Forsyth.

Subs: Cammy Binnie, Jamie Mills, Ross Smith, Darren Smith, Eddie Ferns, David Verlaque, Dylan Nguene Bikey.

  Wick Academy F.C.


WAFC_New_Front_wTeam: Sean McCarthy, Michael Stevenycard(Andrew Hardwick 82), Grant Steven, Danny Mackay, Alan Farquhar, Gary Manson, James Pickles, Sam Mackay, Steven Anderson, Davie Allanycard, Gary Weir(Richard Macadie 79).

Subs: James McLan, Marc MacGregor, Andrew Hardwick, Richard Macadie, Danny McCarthy. 

 Referee:  Stephen Finnie
 Bookings:  Davie Allan 26
 Michael Steven 60
 Marc McKenzie 60
 Match Photos - Mel & Bob Roger:  Link to match photos

Wick Academy's Scottish Cup run for this season came to an end today following a 2-0 defeat at the hands of League 2 side Stirling Albion.

Blair Henderson opened the scoring for the Binos 3 minutes before the half time break.

Academy had a real go in the second half with Davie Allan coming closest but his effort was touched onto the post by keeper Chris Smith.

Substitute Dylan Nguene Bikey scored Stirling's second to secure their place on the 4th round with 6 minutes left to play.

Academy won a penalty in the closing stages but Stirling keeper Chris Smith saved Sam Mackay's spot-kick attempt.

Academy started the game very well and create the first chance after only 6 minutes. Steven Anderson collected the ball on the left flank before cutting into the Stirling box. He found half a yard from his covering defenders and got a shot on target that keeper Chris Smith blocked. The loose ball was then cleared from danger.

Gary Manson delivered a great ball into the box that Grant Steven rose highest for but his header went straight to the Bino's keeper.

The home side grew into the first half and Grant Steven had to be sharp to make a great tackle to deny Marc McKenzie getting a shot on goal.

Calvin Colquhoun hit the Academy side netting with a header as Stirling began to pressure the Academy goal.

Ross Kavanagh had a smashing run into the Academy box getting a powerful shot on target that Sean McCarthy saved with his feet.

Three minutes before the interval Stirling broke the deadlock. A high cross was swung into the Academy box. Sean McCarthy and Blair Henderson rose for it and McCarthy couldn't grasp the ball. It fell to Henderson with his back to goal. He turned on it and bundled home as he fell to the ground from 6 yards out.

1 - 0

Half Time - Stirling Albion 1 - Wick Academy 0

Academy went hunting for the equaliser and keeper Smith had to be at his best to save a Gary Weir header from a Gary Manson free-kick.

On 74 minutes the Scorries supporters were on their feet as it looked as if Davie Allan had scored the equaliser. Sam Mackay sent Weir on his way and he slid the ball into the feet of Davie Allan. From 12 yards out Allan's shot looked goal-bound but keeper Smith pulled off the save of the game getting his finger-tips to the ball to divert it onto the post and was then turned behind for a corner by Ross Forsyth.

Michael Steven stabbed the ball goal wards from the resulting corner but it was cleared by the scrambling Stirling defence.

With six minutes left on the clock Stirling's new signing Dylan Nguene Bikey scored a killer second goal. Sean McCarthy launched a goal-kick up-field and it was headed straight back into the Academy half. If fell to Bikey who ran at the Academy defence. It looked as if Grant Steven and Alan Farquhar had him covered but Bikey found the space to drill the ball home low into the bottom corner of the net.

2 - 0

Three minutes from full-time Academy won a penalty when Steven Anderson was barged off the ball by Ross Smith in the Stirling box. Sam Mackay stepped up but his effort was saved by keeper Smith down to his left.

Full Time - Stirling Albion 2 - Wick Academy 0